Monday, March 3, 2008

The Things We'll Do

My student council recently raised money for the American Heart Association. Just before we began I found out that a former student of mine who is 16 now is in Houston waiting for a heart transplant. I used to give his sister piano lessons and last I heard he had heart surgery in Colorado. That surgery didn't work so he needs a new heart. We decided that we would also raise money for him. We sold hearts the entire week of Valentine's and raised $380.00 for Albert. In addition we raised $275.00 for the American Heart Association. So now to the point of this post. The class that raised the most money got to tape me to the flag pole. Through this experience I discovered that I am a tad bit claustrophobic. I was doing OK until they got around my chest then I started to get really hot and kinda shaky in the legs. I had read ahead of time and had April nearby with scissors so she could cut me out as soon as I was ready. Needless to say the students loved it. They were all chanting "Tape her, tape her". The things we'll do to help those in need.



April's class won





1 comments:

cmjj said...

Mrs. Davidson, you are a great sport!!!!!!