Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer Projects
Summer is always filled with projects. This summer's projects have included remodeling the laundry room, painting the kid's hallway, hanging all new doors in the house, finishing the tree house, and learning how to sew. It occurred to me recently that I have NO IDEA how to sew. Growing up my Mother could always make me whatever I needed whether it be a dress or costume for some play. I would like to be able to do the same for my kids so I called upon my Mother to teach me. I am quite proud of the finished product. I still have a lot to learn but at least I am learning.



Jeremy finished the tree house by decking it out with a steering wheel, periscope, and binoculars. We tested the strength of it the other night while the Lufts were over for supper. That sucker held: Jeremy, Garrett, Me, Kristin, Annie, Gage, and Molly. My husband amazes me with the things he can do.


Here's the kid's hallway. I love displaying their pictures!



And finally the laundry room. I love that it's nice and clean now.













3 comments:

cmjj said...

You make me look lazy. Your house looks great!!!!! I love the "I love Daddy" frame. That is really cool!

Unknown said...

So when are you going to start making quilts? Molly's outfit is adorable!

Haddock Happenings said...

I didn't know Jeremy and Traci Who???? existed. I'm so glad you put the link on Molly and Gage's site!

Your house looks great! I'd love it too if I were you! And who knew you were so crafty...in EVERY way. I feel like such a slacker!